I did not work on it every single day.
From last year to the present:
1. Couch to 5K. There’s a C25K or a 10K app you can download which talks you through your workouts.
I did not even begin to do this.
2. Bodyweight strength train, abs, and other daily workouts.
I did not even begin to do this. Well, no actually I did start and then my entire left arm (and then my right when I started resting my left) hurt for months. It seems pretty much back to normal for the most part now.
3. Stop drinking my calories. I always drink lots of coffee and flavored sweetened creamer in the morning and I’m finding that’s almost 300 empty calories in the morning.
I did not even begin to do this.
4. Drink water. I just don’t drink enough at all.
Nope. Plenty of coffee though.
5. Continue to track calories on MyFitnessPal. It’s eye opening.
Too much work. Too much time.
6. Go to bed earlier, get more sleep. I go to bed sometimes as late as midnight or 1:30 am (although I could fall asleep much earlier – I keep dozing off writing this post and it’s only 9:30 pm). I’m up between 6 and 7 in the morning so sometimes that’s only 4 or 5 hours of sleep by the time I get in bed and actually fall asleep which may take half an hour. I generally doze off in the livingroom but then once I get into bed, can’t fall asleep. I need to be in bed by 10:00.
Well, I do this now because Ron’s work schedule and Sarah’s sleep needs have changed. I’m now awakened about 4:30 am every day so I kind of HAVE to go to bed earlier. Thankfully I at least don’t have classes anymore.
7. Rollerskating. Use my rollerskates I bought a few years ago.
Skating in the house lasted about two weeks. Outside is really shaky. I went to a roller derby informational meetup. It’s just too much of a time and financial commitment.
8. Get a new primary care doctor. Still haven’t replaced my doctor who closed her office last May.
I still have not done this.
9 Smile at strangers, compliment people.
10. Text someone different each day, to keep in touch now that I’m off Facebook.
Haha. How about
keep get in touch with reality?
11. Pick one band a week and listen to their entire library on Spotify.
I didn’t exactly do this but I do discover different bands (personal improvement coaches, conspiracy theory truthers, positivity spewers, hypnotists…) on Youtube and binge sometimes. Radiohead and Social Distortion are couple of bands I started listening to and couldn’t believe I never had before.
12. Write for at least 30 minutes – more is okay – per day whether it’s for the blog or something else.
Started out okay but nope. Even had a BDN Blog but I archived it because it just did not feel like my blog was appropriate as a newspaper blog.
13. Choose and work on one creative project per month and work on it for at least 30 minutes per day.
I did not do this until about a month ago when I started playing with my old oil pastels. Besides the blog posts I made.
14. Volunteer – Examples: Manna, Humane Society, Ronald McDonald House, Hope House. Sarah’s school.
15. Outside of classes, pick a subject to study each quarter.
I didn’t do this. I basically just read everyday.
16. Read a book a month. Check library for groups. Check out books instead of buying.
I can’t remember the last book I read, and have not been to the library or a group. I read articles and blogs.
17. Plan meals ahead for the month, shop to avoid small trips through the month.
I did not even begin to do this. With the eaters in our house, there are always small trips through the week.
18. Now that Sarah’s approved for respite, get set up with a respite provider and plan time with Ron. 24 hours per month.
Finding people is the issue now. We do have someone doing 2-4 hours 1 or 2 days a week but the times are unpredictable.
19. Associates degree in May. Need to start looking and applying for things and think about whether and when I’m going to continue further.
Sigh. Yeah. Definitely not continuing.
20. See number 13 and generate ideas for things to sell on website/Etsy.
21. Learn and teach Sarah signs. She’s using the eat sign a lot lately so maybe she’ll take to it now.
Why start checking off accomplishments here?
22. Get my kayak on the water in the spring.
The kayak has not been out since we had the van, which had a roof rack.
23. Join or start a Meet-up.
I’ve registered and joined a group or two. Not much around here. I did hear of the roller derby meet-up through this.
24. Take Jamie somewhere for mom and Jamie time once a month.
We went out to eat and saw the Peanuts movie a couple of weeks ago.
25. Add, subtract, adjust as needed.
Lots of subtraction.
26. Adding STOP BITING MY NAILS. I did that last year. Sadly, that only lasted a couple of months.
Just give it up already. I’m not the Jamberry type anyway.
27. The internet is a problem for me. It wasn’t just Facebook because I still read everything I used to read. It wasn’t really people’s statuses or interactions with people that was the problem, it was the constant overload of information. A thought pops into my head and I Google it, or I read an article in my NEWS ONLY Facebook Newsfeed, I read an article then see another one and another and another… Same as when I binge watch YouTube videos. It’s ridiculous. I know I should do something else. But, I rationalize, I’m learning things. I’m discovering new ideas and shit. Bull. I’m consuming the crap someone else made and put out for consumption rather than creating my own crap. Then I come to my blog, put a few of my own words on the screen, and feel creative for a few seconds. Oh boy, this is not how life is supposed to be lived.
I have a thirst for knowledge. I’m curious, inquisitive and I like to read. Leave me alone.
If you like what you just read, please check out more of my writing and feel free to leave a comment, share, and subscribe.
Thanks for stopping by!